Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Eat, Love, Play

I am no food expert, as a matter of fact, if you really know me, you know I don’t cook anything but a few easy meals.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE food.  Love it!  Just don't want to cook it!  Except, for the boys; I really try to make all their food.  We, my husband and I, have made almost all of their food from the beginning.  The boys just turned two and a half last month. I think our adventure into making all our own baby food has made the boys truly great eaters.  However, all kids present a challenge of some kind when it comes to mealtimes, right?  Please tell me you answered “right” – if no, then, buh-bye.  Not trying to be rude, I just don’t want to waste your time! 

Our latest food challenge is getting the boys to eat while we are at play dates.  How mean, I want to make them eat while they are in the middle of trying to have fun!  So why not make the food part fun, too?  I belong to an amazing moms group.  Thankfully, one of the moms shared this web site with us recently. http://www.anotherlunch.com/

The ideas sparked something in me and I have kind of been taken over by making food cute, fun, and easy for our toddlers to eat.  So much so, that I have decided to start yet another blog.  My first one is all about our boys.  I am mom to identical twin boys, a pathological photo taker, a ridiculously active mom, and a lifelong picky eater.  Not wanting the boys to eat like me, I strive to instill great eating habits.  My mission is to continue their healthy eating habits, so they will eat better than me and stay healthy.  It seems like everyone who hears that the boys are awesome eaters always come back with "yeah, mine started out that way, too, but now they won't eat anything" or "just wait, you too will suffer the picky eater syndrome!"  Hopefully, this journey into making food fun will help divert the dreaded picky eater habits!  Enjoy the blog and feel free to leave comments and suggestions if you too, are on this journey, or have been here before! 

Thanks,
Brooke



Fruit not included on this plate...they got it as a special treat after lunch!
BTW - the dinner above also included a banana as an appetizer while I was putting the face together:)

No comments:

Post a Comment